The SDEAS Vision and Mission
The School of Deaf Education and Applied Studies (SDEAS) strives to be a leader in learner-centered Deaf education. With various programs and services, it ensures that equal access to opportunities and the diverse needs of its students and professionals are addressed.
In recognition of the Deaf community’s own language, culture, and values, SDEAS uses Filipino Sign Language as the medium of instruction.
SDEAS is a leading learner-centered educational institution in Deaf Education that and addresses the diverse needs of its students and professionals.It develops Leader-advocates who are capable and committed to making positive contributions to their communities and the nation at large.It ensures that Deaf heritage is preserved and Deaf culture is valued and nurtured.
1. To cultivate a learner-centered environment for the students, administrators, faculty, and staff.
2. To advocate and create equal access for the Filipino Deaf in the areas of education, employment, information, and policy development.
3. To foster and sustain a nurturing and committed community of Deaf and hearing professionals that promotes and upholds the holistic development of students and graduates.
4. To cultivate among the administrators, faculty, and staff a culture of professional excellence guided by Lasallian Spirituality.
5. To empower Deaf Benildeans to become highly competitive and value-laden leaders-advocates.
6. To nurture among Deaf and Hearing people the understanding and appreciation of the unique history and culture of the Deaf community.